Learn More About Dr. Piravena Selvakumar
- Doctor of Optometry, New England College of Optometry
- Bachelor of Science, McGill University
- Recipient of College of Optometrists in Vision Development 2020 Excellence in Vision Therapy Award
- Volunteered on an optometric mission trip to the Dominican Republic to provide eye care to rural areas with low access to healthcare
- Completed clinical externships at Boston Community Health Centers and Boston Veterans Affairs Hospital
- Member of Ontario Association of Optometrists and the College of Optometrists of Ontario
Dr. Piravena Selvakumar was raised in Ajax, Ontario. At a young age, Dr. Selvakumar was interested in the healthcare field. She was inspired to become an optometrist after witnessing the staggering needs for eyecare services in underprivileged communities during her medical mission trip to Panama. She enjoys providing comprehensive eye exams to patients of all ages. Dr. Selvakumar is passionate about finding the best solutions for her patients and enjoys educating them about their eye health and vision. She looks forward to serving her community!