Frequently asked questions. At KODAK Lens Vision Centres,
we strive to provide the customer service you deserve.
COVID-19 Mask Mandate Update
Dear Patient and Customers,
In light of the recent update to public health measures (June 11 2022) in Ontario, we wanted to communicate our updated COVID-19 prevention policy with you, our valued patients and customers.
Due to the close interaction our team, opticians and optometrists (eye doctors) have with our patients and customers, we will continue to wear masks in an effort to keep everyone safe. We highly recommend our patients and customers wear a mask in the clinic, however, Kodak Lens Vision Centres will respect your wishes should you choose to not wear a mask. Interactions may be modified to ensure your needs are met, while we continue to deliver optimal care.
Our primary concern is upholding a safe and healthy space for everyone in our clinics. We ask for your patience and kindness as we move through these transitions together. We ask that feedback be provided constructively and professionally.
Our leadership team can be reached at anytime. CLICK HERE to contact us.
Thank you for your continued support!
SAFETY MEASURES: What we are doing to combat COVID19?
Based on Ontario and Toronto recent guidelines, your health care systems and essential services will remain open. As your Optometrist and eye care provider, your safety is our highest priority. We are still available for most eye care and optical services as well as routine eye health exams, contact lenses and eyeglasses appointments with heightened safety measures in place.
Contact us to learn more and we will best assist you during this new safety plan.
If you’re experiencing a medical emergency please call 911 or visit your closest emergency health care provider.
Routine eye exams & personal shopping is now available by appointment only.
Here is what we are doing to ensure a safe and productive visit for our team, Optometrists (eye doctors) and patients:
- Preliminary COVID symptom screening when checking in for your appointment
- We have allotted times for appointments to promote social distancing and control clinic traffic as best as possible. We ask our patients and customers to also be mindful of social distancing and any capacity limitations.
- Patients will be booked at greater intervals apart.
- Encouraging our team, Optometrists (eye doctors) and patients to stay home if they are sick.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available throughout the clinic, to be used by everyone who enters.
- Sneeze guards (protective barriers) are available in the reception and optical areas.
- Waiting room seating will be spaced out.
- Floor markings and posters to remind everyone about social distancing.
- Heightened cleaning measures, especially on highly touched surfaces and medical equipment.
- Disinfection will occur between patient and client visits.
- Our team, Optometrists (eye doctors) and patients will wear personal protective equipment in the clinic.
- Virtual appointments are encouraged when possible. Please ask us for more details.
- Patients are encouraged to attend appointments alone or with only one other support person, decision maker, translator, etc.
- Digital QR forms to reduce direct in-person interactions.
- Breath shields installed on medical equipment.
- Frames will all be disinfected after anyone touches them. We kindly ask all eyewear that is tried on, to be placed in designated basket and not put back onto the shelf. All products will undergo infection control protocols.
- All patients over the age of 2 will be required to wear a mask when visiting the clinic. No mask? We can help. Please ask us or see in clinic for more information.
The safety of our patients, team and Optometrists (eye doctors) is our highest priority. Thank you for your cooperation and we hope to see you soon! Please book your appointment ahead of time to help keep our communities safe.
Thank you in advance for your patience & understanding. During these challenging times, wait times, eyeglasses or contact lenses order(s) turnaround times and service standards may be affected. Please contact us for any inquiries.
HOW CAN I ORDER CONTACT LENSES?
To order contact lenses, please visit our webstore, visit our contact lens ordering page and submit your order request online, call our locations, or visit us at our Kodak Lens Vision Centre location most conveinent for you. Our optometric assistants will help you order your contact lenses based on your contact lens prescription, doctor recommendation, and previous orders.
CAN I GET MY EYEGLASSES CLEANED AND ADJUSTED?
KODAK Lens Vision Centres will keep your eyeglasses clean and fitted properly at no charge. If the frame is discontinued, more than a year old, or not purchased from our store, cleanings and adjustments are at the patient’s own risk and our vision centre cannot be responsible for accidental breakage. Our careful and trained staff will try their best not to damage your glasses in any way.
I HAVE AN EYE EMERGENCY, WHAT DO I DO?
If you have an eye injury or eye infection, please call and/or come see us as soon as possible. These are emergency cases, and all of our optometrist will make their schedule available to care for your needs. There will be some waiting time, but we assure you will be seen faster than going to the hospital.
Please let our optometric assistants know about your situation and when you will be arriving so that we can prepare for your visit. If symptoms worsen causing drastic impact to your vision and health and we are unavailable, please visit the Emergency Room at your local hospital.
HOW CAN I MAINTAIN MY EYEGLASSES?
1. Follow these simple steps to make sure you can enjoy your eyeglasses everyday and have them last long.
2. Use both hands when putting on and taking off your eyewear. Using both hands ensures you’re not accidentally stretching the frame and causing misalignment. This will help keep the frame straight and balanced during wear.
3. Don’t leave your eyeglasses in hot car or any harsh weather environments (very hot or very cold). Since most eyewear and lenses are made from plastic, the plastic material can easily change if exposed to different temperatures. Heat or cold can also affect the lens coating. KODAK Lenses are made at the highest standard, but any lens can be affected if exposed to a certain conditions. We warranty all lenses (please see store policy), but we recommend to keep your eyewear in room temperature conditions to maintain the integrity of your eyeglasses.
- Spray the lenses with lens cleaner
- Wipe and remove lens cleaner with soft white paper towel (i.e. Bounty, SpongeTowels, Viva, Royale, Charmin etc.)
- Remove excess dirt and smudges with microfiber cleaning cloth
- Make sure lenses are clean
- Now you can wear your clean eyeglasses!
4. Clean your lenses with a microfiber cleaning cloth and lens cleaner. We recommend using special lens cleaner specifically made for cleaning eyeglass lenses because it contains a properly formulated solution to keep your lenses clean and safe. Lens cleaner and microfiber cleaning cloths can be purchased at all of our KODAK Lens stores. Using solutions like Windex contain different chemicals, which can affect or damage lens coatings. We also do not recommend using tap water because it may contain undesirable contaminants, it is treated with chemicals and can be exposed to bacteria and microbes within pipes.
5. Check for loose screws. Overtime, your eyeglasses will go through wear and tear. Screws may loosen when you constantly take on and off your eyeglasses. Make sure all your eyeglass parts are working properly and screws look like they are in the correct place. If you notice something off, please visit us and we can properly maintain your eyeglasses for you.
6. Protect your eyeglasses in a case. All our eyewear come with a case or can be easily purchased from us if you misplaced it. Keeping it safe in a case ensures that the eyeglasses do not get damaged. You never know when you might knock it over or accidentally drop or sit on it. Better to be safe and keep it in a case.
7. Visit us for adjustments. We recommend to come in for adjustments every 6 months to ensure your eyeglasses are properly fitted, well maintained and clean for a comfortable and great wearing experience. All our KODAKLens stores can assist you to provide a customized fit, do repairs (limited, please see in store for more details), and provide a personal experience to ensure you keep seeing the colours of life.
MY EYEGLASSES NEED REPAIR, WHAT DO I DO?
For eyeglasses repair and adjustments, please bring your eyeglasses to our office so that we can attempt to fix it for you. Our optometric assistants are skilled to fix and adjust the most common eyeglasses problems.
If you purchased your eyeglassses from us and your glasses break, please bring it to our office and we can determine if the frame is under warranty. If the frame is under warranty, we can order you a new part or frame for you. When the new part arrives, we can repair your eyeglasses on-site.
For patient’s old eyeglasses that were not purchased from us, please keep in mind our office policy:
For any repairs or adjustments on discontinued, more than a year old, or patient’s old eyeglasses that were not purchased at our office, KODAK Lens Vision Centre is not responsible for any breakage or damage during the attempt to fix or adjust your eyeglasses. Patient’s must understand that older eyeglasses have a higher chance of breakage because of wear and tear over time of the eyeglasses frame.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN EYE EXAM AND A SIGHT TEST?
A sight test (online or offline) is performed by a technician using automated equipment or software guided by a computer program to determine a lens power for eyeglasses. The comprehensiveness and accuracy of these automated sight tests is limited. Sight tests may miss problems with the eye muscles and do not in any way assess the health of the eye. This may cause serious problems and diseases that do not blur a person’s vision at all or until the disease is more advanced. That is why it is important to always check the health of the eyes when determining a person’s lens power.
A comprehensive eye health exam performed by an optometrist looks at the entire eye and vision system and is an important part of preventative health care. Eye exams can detect an individual’s vision prescription, eye diseases and disorders such as glaucoma, cataracts or retinal degeneration, and other health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure and brain tumours. Your optometrist will investigate whether a change in your prescription is caused by an underlying eye health or overall health problem. Sight tests do not.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR MY NEW EYEGLASSES TO BE READY?
Most glasses jobs take seven to ten business days for single vision prescriptions.
For progressives and bi-focals, eyeglasses are usually completed and verified in one to two weeks.
The combination of frame, lens design, prescription and upgrades make your custom eyeglasses unique to you. Your KODAK lenses are produced at our state of the art KODAK Lens facility in Mississauga, Ontario to guarantee precision and quality.
Please see below reference (average completion time):
- RUSH Jobs*: Less than 6 days (*Only for single vision lenses that are in stock)
- Single Vision Lenses in stock: 7 days or less
- Single Vision Lenses to be ordered: 10 days or less
- Progressive Lenses to be ordered: 14 days or less
- High Rx, High Cyl, Silk, Satin, Transitions or Polarized to be ordered: 18 days or less
- Glass, Prism, or very specialty lenses: 20 days or less
- The above turnaround reference does not account for weekends or holidays. This means that if a purchase was made on Friday, it will not be processed until Monday as the manufacturer only operates on weekdays. We will always strive to communicate delays or quality control concerns to our patients. Should you have specific requirements for turnaround time, please let us know. We will endeavour to meet your expectations and appreciate your understanding.
- If any jobs do not pass quality control, turnaround times double since the manufacturer must remake the entire lens from start to finish. For example, if a progressive lens is ordered and is completed, but does not pass quality control, then the expected turnaround time goes from 14 days or less to 28 days or less. Quality control occurs multiple times through the manufacturing process and is double checked again by our clinic prior to dispensing the eyewear to you. As eye care professionals, we strive to provide the very best product based on your selection and prescription.
- We will always try our best to accommodate requests to expedite orders, but provide no guarantees. Depending on your order, rush fees may be applicable to guarantee an expected completion result. Ask us for more details.
- Please be aware that our shipping courier partners may also experience delays at times, which may affect our turnaround standards. Thank you for your understanding.
- Additional turnaround time will be added if your order requires a new frame opposed to using one from our inventory. The time will vary depending on availability from the manufacturer. We will communicate any backorders or delays. If a frame is selected from our current inventory, it is cleaned and sanitized before you receive the completed eyeglasses order.
WHAT IS THE WARRANTY FOR CONTACT LENSES?
All soft contact lens orders include a 1 year rip, loss and prescription change warranty when purchased with a valid contact lens prescription written by an Optometrist or Dispensing optician within the year. Contact lenses must not be expired. If a patient’s prescription changes within the year, unopened boxes may be returned and credit will be given toward the next 6 month or annual supply purchase of contact lenses when an updated prescription is provided by a licensed eye care professional.
WHAT IS THE WARRANTY FOR EYEGLASSES?
Your prescription eyeglasses are custom made for you, so we want to make sure that you love them. If you’re not completely happy with your purchase within the first 30 days after invoice date, please let us know. We’ll do whatever it takes to make it right.*
*Applies to original purchase. Frame must be in resellable condition. Does not cover accidental damage, scratches, breakage or theft. All refunds require consultation with the on-site optometrist or optician and approval by an office manager. After 30 days of purchase date, a fee of $50 is applied for administrative costs to refund insurance claims and re-stock frame for progressive eyewear packages. After 30 days of purchase date, a fee of $30 is applied for administrative costs to refund insurance claims and re-stock frame for single vision eyewear packages. For exchanges and no refund, admin and re-stocking fee does not apply. No returns or refunds for frames and/or lenses that have been discounted, on promotion or on sale.
KODAK LENS PRESCRIPTION WARRANTY:
If you’re not happy with the vision in your glasses, we are happy to provide you with a one time change in spectacle lenses if the prescription was adjusted by our store (lab or Optometrist) or if you provide a change in prescription created by any Optometrist within 90 days of your original purchase.*
*Applies to original purchase. Does not cover accidental damage, scratches, breakage or theft. All refunds require consultation with the on-site optometrist or optician and approval by an office manager. If the customer decides to exchange to a less expensive lens product than the original purchase, refund for the difference will be given if the exchange is made within 15 days of invoice date. If the exchange was made 16-90 days after the original purchase, store credit is given. If the customer decides to exchange to a more expensive lens product than the original purchase, payment for the difference is required at time of the exchange.
WHAT IS THE WARRANTY FOR EYE EXAM?
Spectacle prescriptions are determined by the Optometrist to give the best possible vision for the patient’s needs as discussed during the eye examination. Prescriptions written by our Optometrists are warranted for 3 months and valid for spectacle production for 1 year. It is strongly recommended that corrective eyewear is purchased from a licensed eye care practitioner to avoid complications with vision.
When there is an issue with eyewear that was not purchased from our office, patients are to return to the place of purchase to resolve problems before seeing the doctor again. If eyewear was purchased online or overseas, a Partial Eye Exam fee will apply to see the Optometrist again.
WHAT IS THE PRESCRIPTION (RX) RE-CHECK POLICY?
New eyewear affects your vision and your perception of the world. We stand behind the work of our highly skilled Optometrists. However, we don’t always know how your glasses will feel in your every day life. This is especially true when there is a large Rx change or when adapting to progressive multi-focal lenses. If you have problems with a Rx prescribed by one of our Optometrists, you may book a no-charge Rx Re-Check appointment with that same Optometrist within 3 months of receiving the original prescription. If you did not purchase your spectacles from us, we recommend you also consult with the original dispensing location.*
*When there is an issue with eyewear that was not purchased from our office, patients are to return to the place of purchase to resolve problems before seeing their Optometrist again. If eyewear was purchased online or overseas, a Partial Eye Exam fee will apply to see the Optometrist again for trouble-shooting. NOTE: Our Optometrists use the highest standards of clinical methods to determine your Rx, which is the result of teamwork between you and the Optometrist. However, Rx can vary day to day, week to week, depending on your general and ocular health status, or your alertness/tiredness during the eye exam. We do not process refunds for any services already rendered by the optometrist or registered optician unless rendered under the eye care professional’s discretion.
WHAT IS OUR NO-FAULT WARRANTY?
Our No-Fault Warranty is available for an additional cost of $50 per pair on all Kodak frame and lens packages. The No-Fault warranty provides a 1 time lens(es) replacement in case of an accident or a breakage within 1 year (365 days from invoice date) of the original order. Lenses are replaced with the exact same lenses as the original purchase. Original lenses must be returned when fulfilling this warranty policy. The No-Fault Warranty also guarantees a 1 time re-purchase of the same frame within 1 year (365 days from invoice date) of the original order at a discount of 40% in the case of accident or breakage. Only if the frame you originally purchased is unavailable, you may select any other frame at a discount of 40%. This warranty must be purchased at the time of the original order to be valid. Does not cover any loss of frames or lenses. Some conditions apply, please ask in store for full details.
DO YOU OFFER REFUNDS OR RETURNS?
Yes! Refunds, returns or exchanges are only valid for complete eyewear purchases (frame and lenses). Your prescription eyeglasses are custom made for you, so we want to make sure that you love them. If you’re not completely happy with your purchase within the first 30 days after invoice date, please let us know. We’ll do whatever it takes to make it right.*
*Applies to original purchase. Frame must be in resellable condition. Does not cover accidental damage, scratches, breakage or theft. All refunds require consultation with the on-site optometrist or optician and approval by an office manager. After 30 days of purchase date, a fee of $50 is applied for administrative costs to refund insurance claims and re-stock frame for progressive eyewear packages. After 30 days of purchase date, A fee of $30 is applied for administrative costs to refund insurance claims and re-stock frame for single vision eyewear packages. No returns or refunds for lenses that have been discounted, on promotion or on sale.
Note: Spectacle lens orders have a 90 day guarantee. The patient may receive a ONE time change of spectacle lens if the prescription is adjusted by our store (lab or Optometrist) or if the patient provides a change in prescription created by an Optometrist.
Final Sales: No-Refunds or returns on all non-prescription sunglasses, final sale clearance frames, patient own frame (POF), pre-fabricated readers, nutraceuticals and ophthalmic frames (when only the frame is purchased without prescription lenses). We will make any repairs and adjustments if possible. Non-prescription sunglasses come with a 1-year manufacturer warranty for any manufacturer defects.
CAN YOU ORDER A FRAME I LIKE IN A CERTAIN SIZE OR COLOUR?
Yes! Frames that are not available in present in-store frame selection or inventory may be subjected to a $55 non-refundable deposit if the customer wishes for a special order to try on a new frame. Availability and delivery times for special frame orders may vary. The non-refundable deposit may be credited towards in-store eye care services, eyewear, contact lenses or other eye care products if the customer does not proceed with purchase of the special frame ordered. The deposit cannot be put towards a second special frame order as a separate deposit applies.
CAN’T FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?
SEND US YOUR QUESTION.
All optometrists and optometric assistants are knowledgeable in their work and capable of answering any of your questions. Please let us know if we need to elaborate on our answers to better explain.
Here are some topics that you can ask questions and discuss with your optometrist, optician or optometric assistant:
- Ocular Disease
- Eye Surgery
- Contact Lenses
- Eyeglasses (Kodak Lenses and/or Frames)
- Insurance or OHIP
Your feedback is appreciated. Have some positive and constructive feedback? Please send us a message and let us know how we can help. If you wish to report a customer service issue or any other problem related to your experience at any of our locations, we would like to hear from you. We take our customers’ feedback serious, and work diligently to resolve any concerns immediately.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
We stand behind all our products and services. For any reason that you are not satisfied with your purchase, we offer a no hassle refund, exchange or alternative solution. To learn more about our policy, please inquire at the time of purchase or visit our store policies page.